ACC Hall of Fame
Dale Bishop Munroe
November 27, 1933 - Present
Dale Munroe was born in Providence, Rhode Island in 1933. After serving three years in the US Army (1953 - 1956), he attended the University of Massachusetts and earned his BS degree in 1960, and in 1964 earned his L.L.B. degree from Boston College.
Always active in civic affairs, he has served many organizations, most notably:
- President, Newburyport, MA Jaycees (1960 - 1961)
- Masons, Evening Star Lodge, Unionville, CT
- Chamber of Commerce, Canton, CT
- Veterans of Foreign Wars, Farmingham, CT
- Lincoln Zephyr Owner's Club
- Model A Restorers Club
- Farmingham, CT, River Watershed Commission
- Zoning Commission, Canton, CT
- Governor's Committee, CT Nursing Home Admin.
His service to the American Cribbage Congress has earned his place in the ACC Hall of Fame. He was the ACC's third editor of Cribbage World, serving four years in this demanding job. He also served for three years as a member of the ACC's Board of Directors. He chartered the Hartford Metro Grass Roots Club, and was director of the Connecticut Yankee Tournament.
Dale Munroe is self-employed. His specialty is Physical Damage Consulting, under the title of Munroe Associates in Collinsville, Connecticut.
Dale was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1991.